Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that is focused on improving the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is for a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set.
What’s the Opportunity?
An Anchor QEA internship offers college students and graduates an unparalleled glimpse into the future of environmental science and conservation, with the unique experience of hands‑on work in their scope of study and the opportunity for exposure to other service areas within our firm. Interns will walk away with a foundational knowledge of environmental engineering, consulting, planning and restoration, and science. Interns will work with Principal and senior‑level professionals, assisting them with relevant project tasks and gaining valuable insight into the world of professional consulting. Learn more about Anchor QEA at www.AnchorQEA.com.
Some of what you will do:
· Obtain professional knowledge related to your degree
· Work with and support the team on day-to-day agency and client needs
· Attend meetings and take meeting minutes
· Update documents, calendars, schedules, and project statuses
· Conduct research and analysis around prospective clients, trends, strategies, industries, and players
· Coordinate plans with internal teams
· Assist with research and data entry for new business initiatives
· Set and meet deadlines, and manage several priorities at once
Some of what you will take away:
· Real-world experience on exciting projects
· Potential for an offer of a full-time position
· Experience opportunities to collaborate, learn, and apply sustainability in a business setting
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
· Current student or graduates majoring in fisheries; environmental sciences; planning/land use; landscape architecture; or coastal, geotechnical, or environmental engineering (with an aquatic/waterfront emphasis)
Current student or graduates majoring in Human Resources, Communications, or IT
· Students with an undergraduate GPA equivalent of B or higher
· Quality verbal and written communication
· Ability to interpret and apply technical information
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability and desire to work collaboratively with others to accomplish goals
· Balance of a professional attitude while having fun
· Must be a self-motivator and enjoy problem solving
We will be utilizing this job posting to pipeline talent for several intern positions at the following locations:
· Seattle, Washington
· Austin, Texas
· Irvine, California
· Saratoga Springs, New York
· Syracuse, New York
· Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
· Bellingham, Washington
As part of the application process, please download the Internship Application at the following link Intern Application, complete it, and return it to Internships@anchorqea.com. Without this your application will be incomplete. In addition, please complete our on line application by clicking the 'Apply for this Job' tab at the top of the screen.
What Is the Timeline for the 2020 Internship Program?
· Applications are being accepted from January 23 to March 1.
· Invitations will be sent on March 16 to applicants chosen to attend the “Experience Anchor QEA” Internship Interview Day.
· “Experience Anchor QEA” Internship Interview Day will take place in our various offices between March 25 and April 8.
· Internship offers will be sent on April 17.
· Internships will vary beginning May 25 and ending September 25.
As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Your application was submitted successfully.